Hi, I’m Jennifer!
I was a public school kindergarten teacher before my two kiddos were born. I left the classroom to stay home when my daughter was born. When she was six we stumbled into homeschooling, thinking it was only going to last a year.
It turned out that everyone in my family loved the experience and we decided to keep homeschooling! We are now on year 11 and still just as enthusiastic.
My goal is to help homeschool families find encouragement and awesome lesson ideas. You will find blog posts featuring time-saving tips, organizational strategies, homeschool book lists, and homeschool curriculum reviews.
I consider myself an eclectic homeschooler because we pull from multiple educational philosophies, based on whatever is working best. My absolute favorite ways to teach are:
- Good literature
- Hands-on lessons
- Field trips
Even now, in 8th and 11th grades, I incorporate these characteristics into my lesson plans as much as possible.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I graduated from Mary Washington College with a degree in psychology and a K-6 teaching certification.
- My husband and I met in high school and have been married 19 years.
- I love searching through thrift stores. You never know what sort of treasures you will find!
- I have driven across the country two times with my children. It was exhausting, but I would definitely do it again.
- I have lived in VA, LA, MS, CO, CA, WA, and NC. Thanks, Air Force!
- I am allergic to gluten. It causes full-blown hives.
- My family fosters puppies. We typically have the puppies for a few weeks before they are ready to be adopted. It is so incredibly rewarding to see the transformation from scared (and sometimes sick) to a happy dog who finally acts like a happy little puppy.
- I dream of someday opening a private school where I can teach more kids in a homeschool-like atmosphere.
- I enjoy baking – which is convenient since my children seem to learn through their stomachs.
- I’m pretty much addicted to coffee. I usually have a cup nearby.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sign up for my newsletter so you never miss a post, receive exclusive freebies, and are alerted to deals on my favorite curriculum and household services.
Most Popular Posts: