Hi, I’m Jennifer!
I was a public school kindergarten teacher before my two kiddos were born. I left the classroom to stay home when my daughter was born. When she was six we stumbled into homeschooling, thinking it was only going to last a year. It turned out that everyone in my family loved the experience and we decided to keep homeschooling! We are now on year 8 and still just as enthusiastic.
My goal is to help homeschool families find encouragement and awesome lesson ideas. You will find blog posts featuring time-saving tips, organizational strategies, and homeschool product reviews.
I consider myself an eclectic homeschooler because we pull from multiple educational philosophies, based on whatever is working best. My absolute favorite ways to teach are:
- Good literature
- Hands-on lessons
- Field trips
Even now, in 5th and 8th grades, I incorporate these characteristics into my lesson plans as much as possible.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I graduated from Mary Washington College with a degree in psychology and a K-6 teaching certification.
- My husband and I met in high school and have been married 16 years.
- We have a 14 year old dog who sleeps worse than a newborn.
- I have driven across the country two times with my children.
- I have lived in VA, LA, MS, CO, CA, WA, and NC. Thanks Air Force!
- I am allergic to gluten. It causes full blown hives.
- My favorite homeschooling book is The Brave Learner: Finding Everyday Magic in Homeschool, Learning, and Life by Julie Bogart. It is SO good!
- I dream of someday opening a private school where I can teach more kids in a homeschool-like atmosphere.
- I enjoy baking – which is convenient since my children seem to learn through their stomachs.
- I’m pretty much addicted to coffee.
Sign up for my newsletter so you never miss a post, receive exclusive freebies, and are alerted to deals on my favorite curriculum and household services.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.